If you are looking for OS notes Operating System notes for B.Tech IT, CSE & MCA for Exams or sessional or for any other test then you are at the right place. Here you can download unit wise OS notes directly from Google Drive. These Operating System Notes are handwritten and all notes are in PDF form. These Operating System Notes are very beneficial in sessional as well as in final exams.
These OS notes in PDF form are best for B.Tech 5th Sem CSE & IT & MCA. But these notes can also be read by other branches too. We have provided you all Operating System Notes according to the syllabus. So, if any of the Unit’s syllabus matches your syllabus then you can download these OS Notes PDF for free.
Just Scroll down for all units Operating System notes (OS notes) PDF.
Operating System Notes – OS Notes & Syllabus PDF Download
OS Unit 1 Syllabus & Notes
File & CPU Management:
Operating system functions and characteristics, historical evaluation of operating system, Real time systems, Distributed Systems, Methodologies for implementation of o/s service system calls, system programs, interrupt
mechanisms, the concept of threading.
File System: Functions of the systems, file access, and allocation methods.
Directory system: Structured organization, Directory, and File protection mechanism, implementation issues, the hierarchy of file and device management.
CPU Scheduling: Levels of scheduling, comparative study of scheduling algorithms, multiple processor scheduling.
OS Unit 2 Syllabus & Notes
Storage and Device Management:
- Storage Management:
- Storage allocation methods: single, contiguous allocation, multiple contiguous allocations, Paging, Segmentation, Combination of Paging and Segmentation, Virtual memory concepts, Demand Paging, Page replacement algorithms, Thrashing
- Device Management: Hardware organization, device scheduling, policies and I/O Management. Protection Mechanism and Policies, implementation.
OS Unit 3 Syllabus & Notes
Deadlocks and Concurrency Control:
- Deadlock: Deadlock characterization, Deadlock prevention, and avoidance, Deadlock detection and recovery, practical considerations.
- Concurrent Processes: Critical section problem, Semaphores, Classical process coordination, problems and their solutions, interprocess communication & multithreading.
OS Unit 4 Syllabus & Notes
- DOS: Study of DOS with reference to storage management, device management, file system, interrupt mechanism.
- UNIX: the study of UNIX, with reference to storage management, file system, concurrency control, CPU scheduling.
Recommended Books for Operating System:
- Peterson, J.L.&Silbersehatz.A, Operating System Concepts, Addison, Wesley.
- Brinner, Hansen, operating system principles: Prentiee Hall of India